Coffee comes in all kinds of styles and flavors. You need the best coffee maker for your daily fuel. Coffee beans reach us in many ways, including whole, roasted, and pod varieties. To make sure that you make the best of your coffee, you should get a solid, durable, coffee maker that won’t break the bank.
Best Coffee Maker Comparison Table
However, you might feel overwhelmed by the sheer variety of coffee makers available in the market in 2019. There are several varieties for every number of people, kind of coffee, and even iced coffee makers to choose from. Choose just the best coffee maker, and you’ll be making an excellent investment for your mornings.
Living without coffee is something most of us never want to try. It is the life's blood of adulthood -- the staple of our mornings. Choosing the best coffee maker, therefore, is a decision you don't want to get wrong.
Why Buy a Coffee Maker?
Other than, coffee is life? Here are just a few reasons why you should be looking at the best coffee maker for your kitchen today:
Whether you like cappuccinos, lattes, or espresso, having a perfectly brewed coffee is necessary for those who drink it every day. With the modern coffee makers today, the self-priming operations help you avoid the usual complications.
There’s no need to invest in some huge, complicated machine that can churn out just about every type of coffee drink under the sun. You can easily get a compact version that fits on your countertop. Even small-sized coffee makers can hold a lot of readymade coffee for the whole house or office.
If you have to travel a lot for business or pleasure, there are even portable coffee makers you can purchase. This way, you can have a cup or two on hand whenever you feel the need.
The best coffee makers come with markers to let you know how much water and coffee you need to put in for the perfect pot of java. That takes much of the guesswork out of this operation, leaving you free to think about your plans for the day.
No matter what kind of coffee you like or what form of coffee beans you use, there's definitely a coffee maker out there for it. You can choose between a French press, an iced coffee maker, or a contraption that makes just about any combination of coffee.
Types of Coffee Makers
Some might get confused about which type of coffee maker to buy. We’ll discuss each kind below, so you know what to look for:
A percolator is one of the most common types of coffee maker. These machines can brew coffee no matter when or where you want it. They mostly work with just two sections; one for water and another for your ground coffee.
For this kind of coffee maker, you need a heat source, which could include a stove or an inbuilt device with a plug. When plugged in or heated, the percolator operates by passing boiling water through a tube that showers the coffee grounds.
If you want to whip up a really strong cup in a few minutes, the French press is one of the best coffee makers to use. These are also called coffee plungers, press pots, coffee presses, or several other names. Best of all, it’s a portable device that you can even carry with you on the go.
With this contraption, all you need is to pour hot water over coffee grounds, then store and marinate the mixture for some minutes. Next, you start the plunging or pressing process. This filters out the leftover grounds and gives you a robust, dark coffee in return.
Drip coffee maker
This uses a simple technique for creating filtered coffee, which is why it’s also considered a common type of coffee maker. Every time you make coffee, you have to use a new coffee filter. Filters are made of a cloth-like paper and readily available in supermarkets. Metal, plastic and recycled paper filters are also available for those looking to reduce their carbon footprint.
Espresso coffee maker
All you require here is a basic knowledge of how to operate a simple machine to create that perfect espresso. It works by forcing the boiling water through ground coffee beans, pressing the result into a waiting cup. Adding steamed milk quickly turns your espresso into a cappuccino.
A cappuccino machine is essentially an espresso maker with a steam port for milk. A metal tube protrudes from the device and inserts into cold milk, turning it into a frothy delight. Add your favorite espresso for a customized cup.
Before Choosing the Best Coffee Maker...
There are several factors you should consider before you can get the best coffee maker for yourself or someone else. While there may be some other personal specifications, the general considerations are as follows:
The main factor influencing your decision for the best coffee maker should be the kind of coffee you use. For instance, a drip machine is good for making espresso, while a dedicated machine for this purpose will be better. Consider what you're going to drink the most and buy a machine suitable for your needs.
The best coffee maker for you also depends on how many people are using it and what their daily preferences are. For instance, you might want to purchase a multifunctional machine or one that produces one cup at a time for office use. This way, everyone can brew their own cup just the way they like it. The same goes for a house with a large family.
The number of coffee drinkers will also affect the size of the coffee maker you’re planning to buy. For a larger number of people, you’ll usually need a large carafe if your family members like their coffee the same way as you do.
Look at the size of your kitchen and work out the amount of space you can give to your coffee maker. Even the best coffee maker isn't convenient if it takes up all the space in your kitchen. Make sure the new equipment is in a space where you can easily operate it without getting frustrated.
Don’t underestimate the importance of a user-friendly machine. Even the best coffee maker should be easy for you to operate, right from the beginning. Don’t be fooled by dozens of buttons, switches, and features. You probably won’t need them on a regular basis.
Of course, there might be certain features that you absolutely need so you can easily make the perfect cup of coffee. For instance, you might want a completely hassle-free experience, so getting an automatic machine for that is a wise idea.
Other features you might want to watch out for in the best coffee maker include settings for flavor and strength, a clock, a digital display, temperature control, and other levels of programmability. However, it would help if you also kept in mind that more features will also mean a higher price.
How to Clean Your Coffee Maker
Cleaning your coffee maker should be a regular practice, but many folks don’t get around to it too often. Bacteria and mold can grow very quickly in any coffee maker. Hence, you should remove the detachable parts from your coffee maker and wash them after each use. That will help do away with the grounds, oils, and other residue left behind.
The pieces are usually dishwasher-safe, but you may choose to wash them by hand as well. Also, wipe down the warming plate and the outside of the appliance itself so you can get rid of any spills. Leave the lid open and let everything dry out before putting everything away.
A coffee maker can get buildups of hard minerals inside, taking the machine longer to brew. Cleanse your machine with vinegar and water in equal parts each month. All you have to do it put this mixture in the coffee maker and let it brew.
How We Reviewed
We’ve reviewed the best coffee makers on the market by a professional research. Plus, we’ve looked at several types of coffee makers to bring you an unbiased selection for all your coffee-making needs. We compared for quality, and durability.
- 10 Best Coffee Makers of 2019 -
Below are the best coffee makers you can find on the market this year, in no particular order:
Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew
- Removable water reservoir for easy filling
- Just Brewed thermal carafe holds temperature and fresh flavor. Watts - 1300
- Brews up to 20 percent faster (than competitive units tested) at a hotter temperature of up to 205 for richer taste
- Gold Tone permanent filter eliminates paper filter cost and waste; water filtration helps remove up to 97 percent of chlorine for better tasting coffee
- Delay Brew feature sets brew time ahead so you can wake up to fresh brewed coffee; Freshness Timer keeps a tab on coffee freshness from the time it's brewed
The Mr. Coffee Optimal Brew is a coffee maker with an economical price and several excellent features. It will keep your coffee warm all day so that you can get a refill at any time. It has a stainless steel carafe that’s also thermal, a removable water section, and two brewing cycle options.
User reviews have stated how consistent and efficient this coffee maker is. While it’s automatic, the 45-minute cycle might be too long for some.
- State-of-the-art technology to ensure hotter coffee without sacrificing flavor or quality
- Brew strength control allows you to select regular or bold coffee flavor
- Fully automatic with 24-hour programmability, self-clean, 1-4 cup setting and auto shutoff (0-4 hours)
- Adjustable keep warm temperature control
- Gold tone, commercial style permanent filter.MC Cubic Feet: 2.32
The Cuisinart DCC-3200 is among the best on-demand BPA-free coffee makers out there. It has a large carafe, a brew-pause feature, self-cleaning and even an automatic shut-off for complete convenience. The carafe is double-wall insulated to keep the coffee hot. The gold tone and water filter ensure a clean cup each time.
Those with large households have highly appreciated the large capacity here, even though the machine takes up a lot of counter space.
Bunn My Cafe MCU
- Personal Cafe - Enjoy the freedom to brew an abundance of different options including: K-Cups, ground coffee, tea bags, loose tea and more!
- Single Serve - Fill the Pour-In Bowl with the desired amount of water and brew anywhere from 4 to 14 ounces
- Pulse Brew - Stop and start the flow of water during the brew cycle to extract a bolder and better flavored drink
- Easy Clean - Removable drip tray catches all drops for an efficient cleanup, every time.
- Dishwasher Safe - Drawers, Drip Tray, and Drip Tray Cover are top rack dishwasher safe. Rinse the Drawer(s) after each use!
The Bunn My Cafe MCU is the best coffee maker for you if you prefer a machine that provides the quick-brewing option. It can get you a cup of coffee or even tea inside a minute. It’s also versatile, working equally well with K-cups, coffee pods, and fresh grounds.
Customers love the flexible and speedy performance of this coffee maker. The downside is that it comes with different types of brew heads. Though this proves its versatility, it requires more storage space than other options.
- The top coffee maker choice of coffee brewing experts
- Easy use, one button Operation and 4-6 minute brew time for 40 oz. of Coffee
- Manual adjust brew basket allows you to customize your Coffee
- This Coffee maker features a stainless steel thermal carafe to keep Coffee hot longer
- Backed by a 5-year Warranty
The Technivorm Moccamaster gives you an amazing mid-century design that will look great on any counter. It will also churn out excellent coffee in just a few minutes. There are two settings for temperature control, but nothing else. Unlike many other coffee makers, this one requires some assembly and has no programmable timer.
While customers have loved the taste of the coffee from this option, there are some doubts about its high price and difficult setup.
Takeya Cold Brew Coffee Maker
- Makes 4 servings of coffee (1 Quarts)
- Use with coffee grinds
- Airtight, leakproof lid locks in freshness and flavor.
- Non-slip silicone handle
- BPA free Material
The Takeya is BPA-free, dishwasher-safe, and can brew up all the concentrated cold brew coffee you need. The resulting coffee is excellent in taste, and the machine itself is user-friendly. This machine is one of the only options that keep your coffee air-tight while brewing.
Reviews have reported that this coffee maker is durable along with being easy to assemble, clean and store. However, you’ll have to pre-make the brew overnight to have it ready for use.
- Large 80 ounce water reservoir: Allows you to brew 10+ cups more before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine; The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to, and on the k575, you can choose from several different nightlight colors to illuminate your kitchen at night
- Multiple k cup pod brew sizes: (4, 6, 8, 10, 12 ounce); brews a carafe (22, 26, or 30 ounce) using k carafe pods, to give you more coffee when you need it. (carafe sold separately)
- Strength control: A strength control setting allows you to brew a bolder cup using any k cup pod brew size; Plus, five temperature settings allow you to enjoy your favorite beverage at your desired temperature; Hot water on demand: Press the hot water on demand button and select your desired brew size in order to dispense hot water
- Extra large color touch screen: A digital clock makes it easy to brew a fresh, great tasting cup in under a minute; Plus, program your brewer to turn on or off automatically at set times, so that it is ready to go when you want it, and turns off to conserve energy
The Keurig K575 is probably the best pod brewer in the coffee business. It has a responsive touchscreen, making its operation much easier. The water reservoir holds up to 80 ounces, and the controls allow you to make almost any kind of drink. These include cocoa, soup, tea, etc.
Customers have found this machine very quiet and easy to use. However, it does restrict you regarding pod use, allowing for just the Keurig 2.0 variety.
OXO On Barista Brain
- Microprocessor controlled brew cycle replicates the pour over method to produce 2 to 9 cups of SCA certified perfect Coffee
- Water is heated and held at the perfect temperature for Coffee (197.6 to 204.8 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Rainmaker shower head evenly disperses water over Coffee grounds for uniform saturation and full flavor extraction
- Intuitive LED interface features a backlit screen that displays the Coffee maker status and freshness indicator
- A single dial allows you to program the Number of cups and the 24 hour start timer. Double walled carafe keeps your brew hot and fresh. Voltage is 120Volt/60Hertz
The OXO On Barista Brain can brew nine cups of coffee at once using a drop mechanism. It provides a home brewing system that will give you a café experience without the inflated prices. The features include a microprocessor, a Rainmaker Shower Head, and an LED screen. There’s also a delayed start, status signal, and a freshness indicator.
While customers love the ample features, they have expressed concern about the large counter footprint.
Hamilton Beach BrewStation Summit
- Enclosed brewing system with internal heater keeps coffee hot and fresh for up to 4 hours
- Maintains fresh-brewed flavor
- Brews up to 12 cups like a traditional drip coffee maker
- Works like a traditional drip coffee maker but holds coffee in an internal tank No carafe needed
- Holds coffee hot and fresh
The Hamilton Beach BrewStation makes a dozen cups of coffee and is completely automatic. However, it stands out from other options due to its internal tank instead of the regular carafe. This serves to keep the coffee fresh without a burnt taste from a heating plate. Users can decide to adjust their coffee strength, quantity, and brew level, including an iced coffee feature.
Customers love the customizable features here along with the easy cleanup but aren’t fans of its large size.
Ninja Bar Brewer System
- 10-cup (50-oz.) glass carafe
- Built-In frother to brew, froth and drink—all in your favorite mug
- 20-recipe inspiration guide. Capacity : 60 oz. / 12 Cup,Stainless Steel Mesh Filter,ABS Housing
- Ninja Smart Scoop.After brewing the first cup, the Ninja Coffee Bar is pre-warmed. This enables any following brews to be slightly hotter. For a hotter first cup, after plugging in and powering on your brewer, allow 3 minutes for your brewer to pre-heat
- Permanent reusable filter.This brewer is designed to brew coffee grounds only. Do not insert pods or K-Cups
This Ninja Bar has several carafe and cup options, along with customizable results. It also has an Advanced Thermal Flavor Extraction for a full-bodied flavor. That way, a built-in frother will add a nice touch to your homemade coffee.
While customers love the range of options, some may find this coffee maker too difficult to use.
SterlingPro European Style French Press
- ✅ZERO COFFEE GRANULES PROMISE - What's the 'pressing' issue for French press users? Those nasty granules lurking in their drink that ruin a perfect cup of joe! Our innovative two-screen system was the first of its kind when it burst onto the market in 2014, introducing a way for you to enjoy your coffee completely granule-free! Now, 80% of French presses sold use this very same system!
- ✅SUPERIOR STAINLESS STEEL DESIGN - Nothing beats the smooth sleek appearance of a stainless steel French press. Made entirely from the finest 18/10 surgical grade stainless steel, your new french coffee press features a double wall design that insulates to keep your drink warmer for longer, all while keeping the outside cooler to the touch. Durable, beautiful and timeless.
- ✅MULTIPLE FUNCTIONS: Besides using the french press as a coffee maker, it is also the best appliance to make tea, hot chocolate, cold brew, frothed milk, almond milk, cashew milk, lemonade, fruit infusions, plant tinctures and herbal drinks as it fully keeps their flavours and aromas within.
- ✅THOUGHTFUL GIFT IDEA - Know a committed coffee lover? Seen a friend’s sub-par coffee press and want to get them an upgrade? Then gift them a SteringPro French press! Smoothly fitting into any kitchen with its stylish and elegantly versatile design, this French press is the gift every coffee fanatic will adore.
- ✅MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - Discover what all the reviewers love about our French press today with complete peace of mind. Buy and try the legendary SterlingPro French press totally worry-free thanks to our 30 Day Fabulous Coffee Money Back Guarantee!
This SterlingPro French Press has a beautiful appearance, a durable material, and is dishwasher safe to boot. It’s also a safe option since the exterior remains cool even when the contents are hot.
Customers love the reasonable price and functionality of this French press, but it does require some manual work.
What Does Your Cup Require?
There are so many excellent options here that it might be hard to choose the best coffee maker. For your final decision, look at your specific needs. The Bunn My Cafe MCU will suit a couple or single person with equal tea and coffee preferences. If you like your coffee strong but can’t afford an espresso machine, you should go with the SterlingPro French Press.
Last update on 2021-01-22 at 03:20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API